Saturday, October 15, 2005

Aagh! Where am I?

Hi! I've been stupidly reading NaNoWriMo forums again... and not accomplishing a lot. I had a major midterm on the 6th, and I feel really good about it. Studying for it went well; a real improvement over last year. Last year I would study and get more and more down about not knowing anything. This year I feel like I learn more and more when I study, and gain confidence too. Yay! I'm coming back! Over all I know I'm feeling happier a lot more frequently than I have in a long time. I'm still having some confidence issues and some down days, but I find I'm not feeling crappy and wishing I felt happy so much.

I'm still hoping to do NaNoWriMo this year, but I don't think I'll do the idea I mentioned before. I have more of a chick lit idea now, with a woman who falls for a married man (who never tells her he's married) then gets a nasty trouncing for it when she is confronted by an acquaintance about it. Her life falls apart, but in the end you know it will get better. I've decided that if that it takes me less than 50,000 words to write that, then I'll warp my characters into the plots I had planned out for the last few years but never got to use (i.e. my main characters get abducted onto the Spaceship Love Machine (2003), later escaping back to earth but finding they're 1000 years in the past in Iceland (2002)). I plan to start my novel with one of the '50 Last Dates' from last years NaNo novel plans.

I've planned out how much I think I can write in a day, gauging by what things I've got going on in November. I'll be starting out slow, then coming in with higher word counts at the end of the month. I'm also trying to start preparing now for some big things in the first week of November (midterm, presentation) so that I'm not wasting lots of energy on them instead of my novel.

No comments: