Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Accentuating the Positive

I've been trying hard to not feel crappy lately, and I'm not having much success. And so now I would like to make a list of positive things in my life:

  • In January my net worth increased by 7% compared to December.
  • My only debts right now are my student loans.
  • I'm going to be house sitting for three weeks starting a couple days before my birthday.
  • My birthday is in a few weeks!
  • A few people are interested in my 'art/dance for cancer donation' offer, and others have let me know they think it's a cool idea. This means that I will have a great excuse to paint soon!
  • I've felt really comfortable helping people at work lately, and feel very competent there.
  • Something deep inside me is itching for inspiration.
  • I get to do some acting in class on Friday. I get to pretend I have a specific rheumatic disease and my classmates have to determine what it is. Then we present it on Monday.
  • The new baby in my life is extremely cute (my friend Tanya's son William).
  • My mom and I are going to the spa in Moose Jaw for a couple days during midterm break.
  • I got lots of compliments on my blouse today.
  • I also wore my favourite pants today.
  • I get paid in a few days.
  • The least expensive time of the year for me has begun.
  • I don't have nothing to do.
  • I want to feel positive and good.

4 comments:

LJE said...

sorry you've been feeling blue. I like your idea of focusing on the positives, though.

(and i'd totally buy some of your art!!! I'm always looking for new original artwork for my house.)

Anonymous said...

Be happy! Happiness is a choice. I know that mothers in the western world have pretty much done the starving kids in Africa thing to well...death but...

Starving kids in Africa still play and laugh.

Did you know that you are one of the people on my list of "If I had to choose to be someone else."

I am glad you are taking steps to be positive about your life. Make sure your mind is playing positive messages. Take time to appreciate beauty. Buy a flower. Look at your cute and delicate feet.

Love yourself! I know I love you!!!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hello Lorianne! Lovely entry! It's always good to make a list of all the positive things in your life and I just recently did the same for myself. :)
I will be lurking on your blog more and more now, so watch out!

-Ellen

Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

Thanks for the support everyone!