Sunday, January 29, 2006

Cancer Fundraiser

(If you would like to help me spread the word, then feel free to send people to this URL: http://hurleyanne.blogspot.com/2006/01/cancer-fundraiser.html, but please do so before Feb. 20, 2006. )

Hi all! Since the students of the School of Physical Therapy are raising money for the Canadian Cancer Society this year, I thought I would send a request to you to help me spread the word. Some of you will be aware that in 2004 I lost my father and an aunt both to cancer only 6 weeks apart. I decided that I would like to do a little extra to help out with the fundraising effort and am offering the following:

For a $25 donation you will receive a piece of original artwork or beaded jewelry made by me, Lorianne Earl. I will take requests re: colours if you have something particular in mind.

For a $50 donation I will give you and about 5 friends a private belly dance lesson in your home in the Saskatoon area. This would be a 60-75 minute basic lesson. I've done a few of these for wedding showers/stagettes over the years, and they can be quite fun!

For a $75 donation I will provide a bellygram to the person of your choice for a special event in the Saskatoon area (i.e. party for an anniversary, retirement, birthday, and the like (sorry, no stag parties)). This will incorporate approximately 5-10 minutes of dance to help embarrass someone in front of their friends and family on their special day!


Anyone who donates more than $15 to the cause is eligible for a tax receipt, if they provide a full address and contact information.

I will be accepting requests up to and including Feb. 20, 2006. For further information or to set up your donation I can be contacted at lorianne.earl@usask.ca.

Thanks for your help!

Lorianne Earl
Physical Therapy student

No comments: