Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gouranga

Have you ever gotten a spam so strange that you felt compelled to keep it? Apparently I have - twice! I was deleting messages in my inbox and found ones called 'Gouranga' and 'Gouranga hey' that were sent to me on February 25 and June 9 last year from the same e-mail address. I'm betting I kept the first one because it came on my birthday! Here's what the message said:
Call out Gouranga be happy!!!
Gouranga Gouranga Gouranga ....
That which brings the highest happiness!!
So I did a quick Google search and found out what the heck this was all about. Apparently Gouranga was someone of importance to Hare Krishnas. So I guess this is the Hare Krishna e-mail version of Jehova's Witnesses coming to your door or something...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd much rather get Gouranga spam than anything with pen1s, v1agra, or s0ftware in the subject line!

Anonymous said...

You know, a couple of weeks ago (25 Feb) I went to York by car and we drove under a bridge that said 'Gouranga' on it. Thanks to your post, I actually knew what that was supposed to mean!

Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

What's an even more interesting coincidence is that Feb. 25 is my birthday, and the anniversary of when I received my first Gouranga spam. Crazy.