Saturday, June 04, 2005

A nice gift this week

As some of you may know, I have been participating in an 8-week course for women with self-esteem issues. This week one of the activities was to fold over the top of a piece of paper, write your name on the flap, and underneath the flap write something positive that you had learned about yourself since beginning the course. Then we passed our papers around the circle and each person wrote something positive that they had learned about that person since the group began. When we were done writing our messages we put our own paper away and couldn't read it until later. It was like a gift. Here is what these women had to say about me:
  • I find you a very friendly and outgoing person.
  • You see the lighter side of life.
  • You exude a quiet confidence.
  • Lorianne, I appreciated the confidence you have & your willingness to share it.
  • You have a great future because of your way of meeting challenges.
  • I appreciate how comfortable and accepting you are of yourself.
  • I get such a sense of confidence from you, I admire that.
  • Lorianne, you have such a positive outlook on life. You seem to be very ambitious and I am sure that you will succeed in all that you do.
  • I appreciate your smile and warmth.
Confidence seems to be so prominent on this list. It feels a little strange. I don't really feel entirely confident. However, I do know that I feel very strongly about not wanting to be held back by fear. And that's about as far as I can think on that, right now.

No comments: