Monday, June 20, 2005

Red Deer, Alberta

When I was young my grandparents lived in Red Deer, Alberta. They lived in a neighbourhood very close to the Red Deer River. I've been watching the recent news stories about the flooding there. I was pretty curious about how bad it was and have stolen some pictures from the website of the city of Red Deer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • This first one is from Sunday, June 19, 2005. This shows that the river is quite full and pretty much about to spill over its banks. The closest neighbourhood on the other side of the river is where my grandparents lived. Those ponds beside the river are called the Bower Ponds. They are nice and blue because they don't have any of that murky river water in them yet. I remember going for many walks in that area. Once a bird crapped on my head there!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • The second picture is from Monday, June 20, 2005. It shows a close up of the main building there. The water has completely enveloped the ponds. Those colourful little things all lined up are paddleboats.

No comments: