Sunday, July 03, 2005

Lorianne in Edmonton

Lorianne in Edmonton . . . wow, that's like a completely different person.

Anywho, we got into Edmonton around 5:30 pm yesterday. Our trip was fairly uneventful. A crow with a death wish frightened us very early on. We must have come within inches of hitting it. I can't be certain because I was cringing! We visited with my uncle and aunt in the evening. I ended my day watching the movie "The Notebook." It's such a sad story . . . I even cried. I guess with all the deaths in my family I've been thinking a fair amount about what my parents and aunts and uncles must have been like when they hooked up. It sort of brought that all home again. Great movie, but don't watch it alone.

Today I had a very nice visit with Brandi. She came and picked me up from my uncle's place around 1 pm, then we drove around a while, she showed me where she works, and showed me some other neat places she'd found while exploring the city by car. Next we went to Whyte Ave (which is similar to Broadway Ave in Saskatoon, but much busier). We went into an antique store, a used book store, a bead store (but of course) and had a late lunch at a greasy burger place.

Then we drove back to her place, saw Michael, and hung out a bit. While I was there they had some furniture delivered from Ikea . . . by incompetent delivery people who damaged it. So next the three of us drove out to Ikea, where they complained and I looked around for a birthday gift for Jay. Once that was all straightened out, we went home.

Next Brandi and I went for a good walk on some newly formed trails close to the river. It was a really good opportunity to chat about how things were going in our lives... which basically meant we ended up talking about boys. I'm pleased to say that the mosquitos were almost absent from our little adventure: I killed two in her car on the way back to their place. We hung out a little bit more, then I had her take me back to my uncle's place for 9 pm. It sure didn't feel like 8 hours together. More like 2 or 3.

So yeah, it was a nice day and I was really glad to get out and do something active. I'll be sitting enough the next couple days as we drive on to the reunion.

No comments: