Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lorianne in Winfield

Hallo!

I am in a used book store in Winfield, B.C. Winfield is located between Kelowna and Vernon (but much closer to Kelowna).

Anyway, I arrived at Camp Arbuckle mid-afternoon Tuesday. That's a Girl Guide Camp that is only used in the winter, then they take bookings for the summer. I think that's a little weird because it's such a beautiful location, and they should have summer camps there too. We haven't had much planned activity - so far we've mostly just hung out or ate meals. This afternoon a group of people went for a tour to a local winery, but I ditched out to write postcards and hang out at the beach. The beach is very rocky, but the water is nice and clean. It's been fairly cloudy but pleasant since we got here. Yesterday I got sunburned from sitting at the beach all day.

I'm not sure how many of us are at this Dahl reunion - maybe 50. I had no idea I was related to so many doctors (at least four on this side of the family). One of them is very quick to give out medical advice - it's been interesting to listen to.

There are a lot of cute little kids here. I wish my nephews could be here to enjoy the water and good company. It would give me someone to play with too! All the kids here are either older or much younger than me. Funny how I never seem to completely fit in at these sorts of things.

Last night Uncle Roy (who is 98 years old) got a big group of people together for a singalong. There are some very musical families here. Tonight a couple of people are going to do a skit.

Anyway, I should probably get going. The store's supposed to close in a few minutes. I should go pay now. Take care all!

3 comments:

LJE said...

i'm beginning to suspect some sort of secret trick here. After all, i did see you just last week, but yet here you are, still claiming you're in BC!!! I dunno....

i think we need an update. Whatcha doin' with all the time on your hands now? Don't you wanna rub it in that you're outside enjoying the wonderful weather when people like me are stuck indoors working?

Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

It's hard to be on my computer to rub it in when I'm outside enjoying the wonderful weather! (It was pretty wonderful today, too!)

LJE said...

ok, so i just realized that i don't have your non-work email address any more! eek!

So i will send the reminder here and hope you read it....pizza lunch 12 noon tomorrow (wed). Hope to see you there!