Thursday, July 28, 2005

What to say... what to say...

I've been mostly too lazy to post anything lately . . . or too lazy to do anything worth posting about. Here's some things that I've enjoyed recently:
  • Went to the opera on Friday to watch my friend Mike perform. The opera was Die Fledermaus, which sounds exactly like Deflator Mouse. I like to imagine some sort of mousy superhero who nibbles holes in balls, portable planetariums, balloon, etc. and thus saves the day for mousekind. I haven't yet figured out how that could be advantageous yet, but there you go. . . . Oh, and the opera was very enjoyable . . . quite funny and an adequate amount of eye candy.
  • HMV had a coupon for DVDs (buy one get one free) on Saturday. I went and was finally able to find a couple of movies I'd been looking for for months - Mansfield Park and Les Triplettes de Belleville. Watched the latter last night with Joel and Sonya, and it was quirkily good and the music was very fun. I also bought Willow. Now I have most of my favourite movies of all time on either VHS or DVD, or can borrow them from friends. The last DVD set I know I'm pining for is I, Claudius (or I, CLAVDIVS to those who are either very Latin oriented or like to be silly like me!). It's a mini-series of intrigue and betrayal in ancient imperial Rome. History Television shows it every couple of years or so.
  • I made a very lovely necklace yesterday. I had spent quite a bit of time on the weekend laying out the beads, then Tuesday one of my nephews knocked over my bead design board. Beads flew everywhere! Luckily I wasn't home so other people had to clean it up! Heh heh heh! I bought a few more beads today to make matching earrings.
So now I've got the weekend to look forward to! Early this summer some friends had considered a camping trip this weekend, but nothing ever was organized. Instead it's going to be a weekend of partying! Yee ha! ;-) A different party every day - and Monday to recover. I might be leaving on Monday for a quick shopping trip in Calgary. Will I finally be getting the drum I've been wanting for a couple years? Come back for news next week!

No comments: