Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Lorianne in Saskatoon

. . . for over a week now. I did try writing a message from Edmonton on July 9, but it took me a while to write it while Brandi and I were chatting. By the time I went to submit it, Blogger had logged me out so I needed to log back in. And by having to do all that I lost the message. Grrrrrr. It was a good one too. I guess I'll just have to give a brief summary of what I remember:
  • At the family reunion I won a light brown, sheep leather purse from India. It was a prize in a raffle they had to cover costs of the reunion. It was kinda funny though. My aunt who was sitting with me on the love seat had the first winning ticket (for Christmas decorations). Then the next name called was hers again! She didn't think it would be fair to win 2 of only 4 prizes, so they picked again and it was me! The funny thing is, though, that it was the next prize that I really had my eye on. If my aunt hadn't been so gracious, I might have won a nicely embroidered purple bag from Pakistan. Oh well. I still like the one I won.
  • Coming home on July 9 we had quite a lot of difficulty finding a place to spend the night. We ended up driving all the way from Winfield to Edmonton that day, and my mom and I spent the night at Brandi's. I have never felt so weird from driving. It was like I was drunk! I had drunk vision (where my peripheral vision sucked) and my face even felt numb! It was a crazy experience.
Then last week was the last one at the research project I was working on at City Hospital. That means that I have been enjoying my summer for the last few days. I went for a walk, did some shopping, did some drawing, and visited a friend on Monday. Yesterday I updated my expenses, attempting to find the $10.51 that my computer tells me I spent on my credit card. I went through my credit card statements for the last year and a half and couldn't find the problem, so I just manually updated it. I also caught up on the e-mail I hadn't been checking at my U of S address. That was probably over 200 messages, mostly from the career centre on campus. Today I finished catching up on my primary e-mail, so now I feel pretty much caught up. However, I have a feeling that I've been doing some of this to procrastinate on writing up the two page report from my research project. I had planned to do that today, but now I'm updating my blog! Go me! Oh well, at least I'm being somewhat productive....

I've had something else on my mind today. Yesterday I got a bulk e-mail from the physio college saying that someone was offering a free 2 bedroom basement suite in exchange for overnight supervision of an elderly person. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'm going to contact them. I've been wanting to move out for so long . . . it's hard to pass up an opportunity like this. I'm going to try to contact them tonight, to see what the circumstances are and if it's still available. I've been thinking of and writing down some questions this afternoon. I'm curious about what the outcome of this will be.

1 comment:

LJE said...

that does sound like an interesting opportunity.....and good to have you back in the land of the bloggers :)