Friday, September 02, 2005

Getting to know your friends

Welcome to the Summer 2005 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends and family, if you did not know them already. Don't forget to send it back!!!

1. First name: Lorianne

2. Were you named after anyone? I was creatively named after my great grandmother Laura, and we share the same initials (her maiden name was Errickson) . . . at least until she got married. I inherited a watch that used to be hers, but it was engraved after she was married. If I want those initials to fit, then I'll have to marry a guy whose last name starts with B and I'll also have to feel inclined to change my name.

3. Do you wish on stars? No, but I remember doing that as a kid, staring at the sky out my bedroom window. Brings back good memories.

4. When did you last cry? Last weekend, I think or a couple days before that - August 25ish.

5. Do you like your handwriting? no. I tend to print, and haven't used writing in years.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat? summer sausage?

7. What is your birth date? February 25, 1974

8. What is your most embarrassing CD? I got rid of all the CDs I didn't like last weekend, so I just own good music now!

9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with yourself? Yes, and we'd have a great time.

10. Are you a daredevil? I am more likely to say crazy things to do than to actually do them.

11. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?
Yes, but only to people who didn't know that person. You know, venting to people who could have no idea who the person was, it's safer.

12. Do looks matter? Somewhat, but I find myself much more attracted to behaviours.

13. How do you release anger? I go silent and fume.

14. Where is your second home? I guess that would be Jay's place. I mean, if he's going to be gone, someone may as well be living there! ;-)

15. Do you trust others too easily? No, probably the opposite.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Hmmm, my favourite stuffed toy was Pungee, some sort of weird knitted dog/bear/animal thing with a shirt and socks. His neck didn't have enough stuffing, so he looks pretty freaky with his head hanging down all floppy.

17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless? none

18. Do you have a journal? Does this blog count?

19. Do you use sarcasm a lot? whatever....

20. Favorite movie(s). Monty Python movies, Princess Bride, Willow, Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Man with Two Brains, The Shawshank Redemption, Dead Again

21. What are your nicknames(acceptable)? Lori . . . I don't think I've had a nickname since high school

22. Would you bungee jump? No, the thought of jumping off of something and stopping seems jarring. Don't feel like doing that to my joints. I'm probably still a little afraid of heights too.

23. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? not usually

24. Do you think that you are strong? Yeah, but only because people tell me I am. It's mostly due to core body strength, so I can use my legs to power upper body movements.

25. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? not sure, something fruity

26. What size of shoe do you wear? 6 or 6 1/2

27. What are your favorite colors? green, orange, and purple

28. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I wish I felt better about myself.

29. Who do you miss most? Probably Debbie. We got to know each other well only in the two weeks before she moved away. It's kind of like getting cheated out of having a really fabulous friend.

30. Do you want everyone you send this to to send it back? Sure, either e-mail it to me or leave a comment where I can find it

31. What color pants are you wearing? But I'm not wearing any pants... just kidding, darkish blue (jeans)

32. What are you listening to right now? CNN in the other room, and my neighbour's lawn mower

33. What was the last thing you ate? free pancakes and sausages

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? orange

35. What is the weather like right now? sunny and breezy

36. Last person you talked to on the phone? my boss, Mindy

37. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? faces

38. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, she's even shorter than me! :-p

39. Favorite Drink? water

40. Favorite sport? to watch: short track speed skating, to participate in: ultimate frisbee

41. Hair Color? blonde

42. Do you wear contacts? nope, hardly even need my glasses

43. Favorite Food? pizza

44. Last Movie You Watched? Adaptation (at least there's someone in the world who is at least as messed up as me)

45. Favorite Day of the Year: Any 25th day of the month, because I can countdown both Christmas and my birthday

46. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy Endings

47. Summer or winter? Summer

48. Hugs or kisses? both please

49. What is Your Favorite Dessert? Key Lime pie is pretty good

50. Who is most likely to respond? loaded question - not answering

51. Who is least likely to respond?
loaded question - not answering

52. Where Would You Want to Go on your Next Vacation? My dream vacation is a Mediterranean cruise.

53. What Books are you reading? The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and Classics of Western Literature: Bloom County 1986-1989 (remember that comic strip? Very funny, and I enjoy the political commentary even 20 years later)

54. What's on your mouse pad? don't have one

55. What did you Watch Last Night on TV? CNN coverage of Hurricane Katrina (getting a little obsessed too, but it's so heartbreaking)

56. Favorite Smells? new leaves in spring, cookies baking in the oven

57. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? The Beatles

58. What's the furthest you've been away from home? Probably either southern Wisconsin or western Washington state

3 comments:

Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

What does that mean? Thorough people might weigh more? Weird anonymous people are weird.

LJE said...

i recall hearing somewhere that if you disallow "anonymous" commenters (there's an option on your blog comment settings) then you won't get the blog comment spam from these "people".

Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

Yeah, I think I saw that before, but wanted to leave it available so that my non-blogging friends could comment. If it starts to get worse I'll probably switch. Thanks!