Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NaNo - Day 1

I stayed up to start writing at midnight, and wrote for a half hour. I wrote 477 words, which is only 23 shy of my goal for today. I've borrowed a laptop to write the novel on so that I am not distracted by the internet. Unfortunately the power cord is very touchy, and now I can't get it to turn on. I wanted to write for at least another half hour. Booooo!

So far my novel is pretty lame. I can't wait until it gets more interesting. I have to make sure that I make my main character likable, so that I'll want to find out what she's up to.

Today's word goal: 500 words
Actual writing: 477 words

2 comments:

LJE said...

woo hoo!

what's your opening sentence? THat's the hardest part for me in any writing endeavor.

Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

Kaylea stared off ahead of her as she manoeuvred through the crowded hallway.

Up to 861 words now!