Sunday, November 06, 2005

NaNo - Day 6

Had another decent writing day today. I wrote a few hundred words this morning. Then I went and played ultimate frisbee for a bit (I made a really awesome interception today, we almost scored after too), came home, showered, ate, went to work, cleaned, talked to a guy I went to high school with, cleaned some more, read my neuro lab for tomorrow, cleaned some more, picked up my paycheque, went home, ate halloween candy and played a game on my computer, ate supper, and had a nap. Then I wrote for a couple hours. I'm still ahead of the game - at least my own goals. Technically if I was writing the 1667 words/day that it averages out to be, then I should have hit 10,002 words today. I'm just happy that I'm writing pretty much everyday, and that I'm a little bit ahead of the goal I set for myself. I think tomorrow's goal isn't very high, either, so maybe I'll be able to get even further ahead. I'm not expecting too much, however, because I have a fairly long school day and have to work for a couple hours in the evening. I guess we shall see.

Today my main character went to work at her job as a customer service attendent at a bank near the university. She talked to a co-worker, piddled around, then she ate an apple fritter and bought some raffle tickets from another co-worker. At the end a guy who she'd been flirting with all summer came in. This is going to be the love interest guy. Now I should be getting the story going along! I'm not exactly sure how yet, but she's going to give him her phone number before he leaves. Maybe on an appointment card, or something.

Today's word goal: 6500
Actual word count: 7040

No comments: